Life has been crazy and as I planned on getting back on my grind, life got crazier. This my dearies is a post for another day.

So... I'm sure many of you have heard of the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I've reviewed some of the books here but not all. Since I will be celebrating the final book's release tomorrow, I thought I would review Origin book 4 in the series.


Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Genre: YA (Although I really do think this is more for adult or very very very mature YA)

My Rating: 5 FREAKING STARS! 

Goodreads Says: Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


I have a strong love/ dislike relationship with this series. I have literally gone up and down not only with this series but with some of JLA's books. It's just hit or miss sometimes. I don't give up easily since overall, I love JLA's writing style and I truly love how she incorporates her personality into each of her books. It's a cool personality and that's why I dig it so much.  Well, I went into this book hoping that it would be good because so far book one was a bust, book 2 was a winner, book 3 was just ok but dang that ending, tho! With these odds, Origin had to be good. Right? 

Let me tell you that book 4... This book right here... WAS THE BEST BOOK JLA HAS WRITTEN TO DATE! I'm not exaggerating at all. Truly I'm not. This book was so on point it kind of scared me a little. It was just that perfect.  

There was a lot going on in this book and it flowed just right. We were introduced to new characters and new concepts and ideas. All were fleshed out perfectly. Meaning it was all believable. There was action galore and it flowed on paper (or in my case flowed on the kindle). It was like all the action was being played out in my head like a movie. It was just unreal but so real. You know? I know you know.

I was truly excited. I wasn't necessarily excited before reading it or even in the beginning. However, by the end of the book I was sleep deprived having broken night to get to the end and jumping out of my bed during all the action and then the ending. Holy Crapola! Then I couldn't go to sleep thinking about all that had just gone down and what it all meant and that I wouldn't know for a loooong time. That's excitement!

Now I don't know about you but I'm that reader that reads the credits. I read it all. I happen to realize that JLA had a new editor. I swear when I read that I said outloud "she is the reason this was perfect". It just had to be, folks.  Again, there was a fluidity like none of her other books, there were no repeated lines(which I find in every book), the mood and style was different in the sense that it felt more cohesive and showed growth.  It had to be both JLA and her editor. JLA, she's a keeper, dudette. 

So, anyway... Sorry, I didn't review this book sooner. I loved this book and hope that you will start the series soon if you haven't already. If you have I hope you've caught up since tomorrow Opposition comes out and we will find out how this all ends. Yes! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment